December 7, 2009 (Burlington, VT) – Dealer.com, the global leader in online marketing solutions for the automotive industry, today announced that it has been honored by the Vermont Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports for its worksite wellness program. Dealer.com received a Gold Award from Governor Jim Douglas for its workplace wellness efforts, which include staff access to physical fitness activities and promotion of good health practices on and off the job.
The Vermont Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports is a physical activity promotion and advocacy group, comprised of volunteers appointed by the Governor to represent a broad spectrum of Vermonters. The Council’s mission is to promote wellness through physical activity for people of all fitness and ability levels.
Dealer.com is one of Burlington, Vermont’s fastest growing companies. Its Green Certified Corporate headquarters has a 35,000 square foot fitness facility and in-house organic cafe. Dealer.com devotes significant resources to its extensive wellness program to promote a healthy work/life balance for all employees. Employee wellness is Dealer.com’s core culture, and is defined as “the aggressive pursuit of happiness, health and the creation of a work environment that anyone would be proud to be part of.” Some of the benefits Dealer.com employees currently enjoy as part of the wellness program include:
- Dealer.com headquarters is a 60,000 square foot LEED certified green building incorporating an open floor plan, bright colors, numerous plants and other design elements to encourage and stimulate creativity
- The “Playground” is an on-site, all inclusive training facility with the following amenities:
- World class, cushioned, professional tennis court
- Basketball court
- World championship ping pong tables
- Fully-featured weight training facility
- On-site fitness instructor
- Full locker room and shower facilities
- Employee fitness training scholarships
- Dot Calm Cafe: an organic, local foods cafe serving breakfast and lunch and offering delivery to employees’ desks
- Flexible work hours
- Health & wellness workshops on a variety of topics such as Nutrition 101, gym orientation, core strength development, and more
- Fully sponsored sports teams including softball, soccer, tennis, and more
- Fitness classes such as boot camp”
At Dealer.com we are fortunate to have the best and brightest employees in the industry. Our employees are the heart of our business and they are responsible for our continued growth and success. Our company culture is to focus on total employee wellness at all times and the Employee Wellness Program is a primary contributor to the company’s success and innovation. Their talent and dedication to our clients’ success is what drives our business and our continued growth. In fact, we are currently on track to have our most successful year ever in 2009,” commented Mark Bonfigli, Dealer.com CEO.