June 10, 2011 (Burlington, VT) – Dealer.com, the global leader in online marketing solutions for the automotive industry, today unveiled a 70,000-square foot addition to its current office space, bringing the total office size to 135,000-square feet. The expansion is located in the former Lake Champlain Chocolate warehouse adjacent to the company’s current headquarters in Burlington.
The new building includes a host of noteworthy features for the company’s growing workforce of about 500 employees. With a spacious open-air environment, warehouse-style high ceilings and an open floor plan, the office will maintain a similar look and feel as the company’s current space. The building opening signifies the continued growth of Dealer.com, which saw a 60% revenue increase in 2009, in spite of the recession.
“We’ve watched this new office come together while watching our business grow at the same time,” said Mark Bonfigli, CEO of Dealer.com. “In true Dealer.com fashion, we’ve put our own creative touches on the new building, which means bold, unconventional and fun. We embrace health and wellness, and a lively office that fosters creativity and contributes to the overall mood and energy level of the entire operation.”
The revitalized building will include innovative features such as:
- Expanded work space for employees that include additional high tech conference and collaboration rooms
- State-of-the-art 150-person theater for interactive presentations, events and educational seminars
- Expanded onsite cafe, “Dot Calm Cafe 2.0,” that will continue to serve subsidized locally-sourced, organic food
- Onsite vegetable garden serves as a local source for the cafe
- Expanded cross fitness studio for yoga and Pilates with a retractable roof
- Onsite store selling products from local farmers, purveyors and artisans
- Green Revolution exercise bikes that generate electricity during aerobic activity to help power the building
- Integrated real-time kiosks throughout the building to keep employees informed of latest company information
In celebration of the new building, Dealer.com invited local government officials, area business people, friends and families to attend an opening ceremony. Dealer.com expects construction to be fully complete in September 2011.