It has been a whirlwind year for the automotive industry. In order to keep pace with change, consumers are adopting new ways of navigating the vehicle ownership cycle while keeping themselves and their families safe. Whether they’re in the market for a new vehicle or responding to automotive service marketing, your customers are completing more steps online. Is your digital marketing strategy prepared to handle this change, and is your team skilled enough to draw more shoppers to your Digital Storefront?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can be a powerful tool to overcome some of your most persistent headaches. With 88% of shoppers starting the car buying process online, there is great potential to reach your target audience while they navigate search engine rankings. But it takes active management of this powerful digital marketing channel in order to make it successful. In other words, a “set it and forget it” approach won’t be enough to keep you on the first page of search results or satisfy the claim of a dealership customer retention plan.
Managing SEO can take a significant investment in time, effort and expertise to achieve its full potential and maximize returns for your dealership. Fortunately, Dealer.com employs a 100+ member team of trained automotive SEO and content experts who adapt to changing trends and best practices, so you don’t have to.
Want to know more about Dealer.com SEO, why it matters to your dealership, and ways in which it can be used? Keep reading for one example of how a common dealership sales challenge could be addressed with SEO, leading to more sales with minimal effort and investment.
The Challenge: Win over shoppers who are looking at competitive models.
- The Strategy: Create a model comparison page to showcase your inventory.
- Create your unique content: Show your models side-by-side with your competitors’ models and review why your inventory is superior. For instance, talk about performance, efficiency, features, technologies, and price.
- Build your metadata: Create a title and description for the page that really grabs their attention. Include the make and model of both vehicles and make it evident that you’re comparing them. The description should tease that your page will show a better one.
- Interlink: Now that you’ve made the case for the model you sell, send them to your inventory pages to start the buying process.
- Evaluate: Monitor the traffic to your page to learn if adjustments to the comparisons should be made.
Relying on a team of automotive SEO experts to maintain a more proactive, vigilant SEO strategy can give you the edge over your competition. Contact us today and let us help you identify opportunities to help you move more metal through the art and science of SEO.